Scope of Digital Marketing in 2020 And Beyond in India
According to a recent survey, the growing percentage of India’s Digital Advertising Industry is at 33.5 and by 2020 its value will exceed the INR 255 Billion marks.
India is one of the latest and largest growing digital markets globally and the scope for digital marketers here will only get on increasing. By the end of the year 2020, in India digital industry will produce more than 20 lakhs job.
( Also Read: Seven Awesome Benefits of Being A Digital Marketer )
The coming years will have more impact of digitization and hence it would be evident in the country’s economy.
Stats Related to Scope of Digital Marketing in 2020 & Beyond in India
- The growth of India’s digital advertising industry is at 33.5%.
- The value of the digital marketing industry will exceed the INR 225 billion marks by 2020.
- By 2020, in India digital Industry will produce more than 20 lakhs job.
- In the financial year, 2016-17 digital marketing in India has reached the $1 billion mark.
- Digital advertising is likely to grow at an average of 14% annually.
- Digital media is expected to grow up to 24% by 2020 which now stands around 12% of the overall ad share.
- The largest share of the total digital advertisement spends is the search and display commands.
- Customers of the new generation check their smart devices every 9.6 minutes.
- There are 220 Million users who are accessing digital services through their smartphones.
- In December 2016, the number of internet users in India was at 432 million.
- By 2017 the number of mobile internet users in India has reached 420 million.
- The number of mobile internet users by 2021 in India is estimated to reach 829 million.
- The number of users in India is growing at a very fast pace at 38%.
Stats Related to Rationale of Growth in Digital Marketing
- In India, the digital advertising has reached the $1 billion mark by the end of the financial year 2016-17.
- The growth in digital marketing is likely to be at an average of 14 percent annually.
- The overall ad share of digital media remains around 12 percent and it is expected to grow up to 24 percent by 2020.
- The largest share of the total digital advertisement spends is made by the search and display ad.
- The customers of the new generation used to check their smart devices every 9.6 minutes or every 159 times a day.
- Digital services are accessed almost 220 million users through their smartphones.
( Also Read: Seven Digital Marketing Blogs That Will Actually Make Your Life Better )
Stats Related to Growth in Indian Internet Users
- Till December 2016 the number of internet users in India was at 432 million.
- By June 2017, the number of mobile internet users in India has reached around 420 million.
- As digital transformation is going to take place the numbers will get doubled by 2022 and it is estimated to reach 829 million.
- This number is increasing at a phenomenal rate as there is about 38% of penetration in India.
Factors of Influence in Digital Marketing Scope
- The main factor is a shift from man-made to automated mediums.
- Digital medium seeing the benefits of precise/customized targeting.
- The rising smartphone penetration is anticipated to grow up by 800 million over the next half-decade.
- The upsurge in the robotics and artificial intelligence.
- And there are various other factors responsible as well.
Future Scope of Digital Marketing Growth:
The ad on digital marketing is evolving around 6 verticals: social, desktop, video, mobile, native, and programmatic.
The changes have been made and now 50% of the population of India has begun reading the newspaper online rather than the traditional ones. In India, digital marketing is the only industry which is booming with more than a 30% rate. It is expected that this industry will produce more than 20 lakh jobs in India by 2020.
Also Read: ( Best Digital Marketing Course in South Delhi )
Getting a Job in Digital Marketing Industry:
The most prominent way to begin your career in digital marketing is by getting a professional course in digital marketing and then finding a job. In digital marketing, there are lots of different specializations and you will find different options to start your career.
- Digital marketing strategist
- Digital marketing executive
- Web content manager
- SEO analyst
- Social media specialist
- Online Leads manager
- Google AdWords specialist
- Email Marketing specialist
- eCommerce specialist
- Online leads manager
- Web analyst
- Online reputation manager
There are more specialized digital marketing job roles to choose from in digital marketing.
Different Types of Careers in Digital Marketing:
Becoming a Professional Blogger: You can go for blogging as a full-time profession and earn a reliable income.
Earning with Affiliate marketing & AdSense: By choosing a particular specialty of your interest and putting in efforts to build traffic and viewers can help you in starting your blog/website/application. Along with generating good traffic, you could also make a good income with AdSense & affiliate marketing techniques.
Starting Your Own Freelancing Services: Just by sitting at home, you can build your clients globally and there are different websites which could allow you to offer your expert services to clients through freelancing.
Starting Your own Start-up/Agency: The course of digital marketing can even help you in starting your own full-time digital marketing agency/start-up and with the help of digital marketing services offered, you can build huge income too.
Becoming a YouTuber: People can also choose to become a full-time YouTuber in your own interest. Focusing on the main thing is quality delivery and building your audience base. This could help you further earning well with YouTube Monetization.
There is a huge number of opportunities in the digital marketing industry as there are various aspects which are leading to the huge scope and growth of digital marketing.